Class - VII
Subject : General Science
Time : 21/2 hrs. Marks. 100
Group - A (Short Questions)
1. What is heat ? What is temperature ? 2
2. Write the names of five layers of atmosphere . 2
3. State the two laws of reflection. 2
4. What do you mean by magnetic field ? 2
5. Write the characteristics of virus. 2
6. What are the main characteristics of Arthropoda ? 2
7. Define digestion. 2
8. breaks the fat into fatty acid and Ilycerol 2
9. How many elements are there in the world.
10. What does hydis mean ?
12. Which two metals are used for the preparation of hydrogen gas ?
13. Who has proved hydrogen as an element ?
14. What happens when dry ice is heated ?
15. Which gas is present in the smoke that come sout from mills and kitchen ?
16. How is carbon di-oxide collected in the laboratory.
17. What would be produced it Magnesium are burnt in Oxygen.
18. Write the name of one catalyst.
Group -B (Physics Past)
(Eassy type questions) Marks. 75
1. The earth itself is a huge magnet ; explain the statement. 6
2. What do you mean by a shadow, an umbra and a penumbra ? Explain with figures. 6
3. State pascal's law and give an experimental verification of it. 6
4. Describe the expansion of solid and expansion of gases and liquids ? 7
(Chemistry past )
5. Describe how carbon di-oxide is prepared in the laboratory. 6
6. a) What happen if carbon di-Oxide is passed in a clear salution of lime water fora long time ? 3
b) Oxygen is collected by downward displacement at water. This demonstrates two properties of Oxygen. what are the properties.
7. a) Write name of two chemical rubstawes which are used for the preparation of Oxygen in the laboratory. 2
b) What is rust. what is the effect at rust on iron ? 4
8. a) Hydrogen is a much lighter gas how would you prove this. 4
b) what are the component of water ? 2
Group - D
9. Draw and lebel the diagram of digestive system. 6
10. Write identifying characteristics of protozoa and porifera. 6
11. Describe the types of leaves according to the durability. 6
12. Describe morphology and life history of Entamoeba. 7