Subject- Chemistry (Subjective)
Time: 2 hrs. Full Marks: 40
1. What is meant by composition of a compound? 2x5 =10
2. Define Metallic bond and covalent bond with example.
3. What do you mean by "electroplating" and galvanising?
4. How Fe2+ ion can be detected?
5. Define atomic number and mass number.
6. Define soap and detergent.
7. What do you mean by molar volume and vapour density.
8. Define dormant valency and active valency with example.
9. What is meant by the Equilibrium constant of a reaction?
10. What would you mean by passivation of iron?
11. a) Explain what happens when electricity is passed through acidified water. 3
b) What is glauber salt? Write one method of preparation and use of it. 2
c) What is bauxite ? 1
12. a) What is meant by the allotropy of an element? 2
b) With the help of Avogadro's law prove that the molecular mass of a gas is twice of its vapour density.
c) What is ore? Give an example. 1
13. a) Explain that graphite is a good conductor but diamond does not. 3
b) Write down how alkened is detected. Give reaction. 2
c) What is catenation? 1
14. Write with equations what happens, when - 1.5x4 =6
a) Ethene is passed through an aqueous solution of potassium permanganate.
b) Steam is passed over red hot iron.
c) Cuprous chloride is passed through ammonia gas.
d) Mixture of ethane and chlorine gas is kept in bright sunlight.
15. a) Explain that electronic configuration is the actual basis of the periodic table. 3
b) What is heterogeneous Mixture. Give an example. 2
c) Write down the formula of Epsom salt. 1
16. a) Describe Rutherford's atom model. 3
b) State Avogadro's Law. 2
c) What is homologus series? 1
17. a) State the law of Reciprocal proportions. 2
b) Carbon disulphide contains 15.79%, carbon, sulphur di-oxide contains 50.0% sulphur and carbon di-oxide contains 27.27% carbon. Which law of chemical combination is scepported by this analytical data? 3
c) What is radical ? 1
18. a) The formula of water is H2O, find its composition. 2
b) What do you mean by isotope? Give an example. 2
c) How will you detect Fe2+ iron ? 2
19. a) What is variable valency? Write with example. 2
b) What is called isomerism? Write two names of the isomers formed by the formula C2H6O. 3
c) What is dormant valency? 1
20. a) Write down the modern periodic law. 2
b) Explain that in a period, the more one goes to the right, the less is the metallic property 3
of the elements.
c) What is potash alum? 1